Resuscitation Courses – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Training Courses
The Mandatory Training Group is a leading provider of resuscitation training courses including:
- Adult basic life support training course
- Paediatric basic life support training course
- Neo-natal basic life support training course
- New born basic life support training course
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation training course
- Immediate life support training course
- Automated external defibrillation (AED) training course
- First aid at work (FAW) training course
- Emergency first aid at work (EFAW) training course
Resuscitation Training Courses Online – CPR Courses Online.
Click on the link below to see our online resuscitation courses:
In-house/Onsite Basic Life Support Course Bookings
Are you looking to book in-house resuscitation training courses at your workplace/venue in the UK?
To book resuscitation training courses at your workplace/venue (any suitable training venue across all UK cities and regions), contact our Support Team on 02476 100090 or via Email, stating your specific in-house resuscitation training requirements.
Why choose our resuscitation courses
The Mandatory Training Group’s classroom and online cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) courses were developed to meet the requirements of all sectors, including healthcare and social care professionals. These resuscitation e-learning courses meet the required learning outcomes in the Resuscitation Council (UK) 2015 guidelines for the management of cardiopulmonary resuscitation in adults and children, including choking (basic life support training algorithms), anaphylaxis and safe use of the automated external defibrillators (AEDs).
Our cardio-pulmonary resuscitation training courses also meet the requirements set out in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations for health and social care providers.
Who are these resuscitation courses for?
Our resuscitation courses were developed for various sectors, including entry-level courses for lay members of the public to healthcare professionals working in highly challenging clinical environments.
We provide a wide range of resuscitation courses for healthcare and social care professionals working with adults, children and new-borns in clinical and/or non-clinical staff roles (in the NHS hospitals, private healthcare and community settings) including:
- Doctors (including locum doctors)
- NHS nurses & agency nurses
- Allied health professionals (AHPs)
- Healthcare assistants (HCAs)
- Health and social care support workers
- Nursing and residential care home staff
Our online resuscitation training courses can be taken as a standalone CPD courses or as part of our online resuscitation training package or the wider health & social care candidate mandatory training courses.
What is covered in resuscitation courses?
Resuscitation courses cover various aspects, including basic life support, airway management (including anaphylaxis and choking) and safe use of automated external defibrillators. Typically, resuscitation courses cover the following:
- An introduction to basic life support (BLS)
- Why basic life support is important?
- The BLS chain of survival
- The importance of the National Early Warning Score (NEWS) system
- DRSABC systematic approach to CPR
- Check for Danger
- Check for Responsiveness
- Shout for help
- Open victim’s Airway (head tilt, chin lift)
- Check if victim is Breathing (look, listen and feel for breathing)
- If not breathing normally, call the ambulance and start delivering effective chest Compressions
- Why it is important to approach the victim safely
- The Resuscitation Council (UK) adult basic life support algorithm
- How to deliver effective chest compressions
- How to deliver effective rescue breaths
- Why it is important to continue CPR
- Knowing when to stop CPR
- When and how to position a victim in the recovery position
- How to deal with an airway obstruction by a foreign body
- An introduction to automated external defibrillators (AEDs)
- The Resuscitation Council (UK) automated external defibrillators (AED) algorithm
- Differences between the Resuscitation Council (UK) adult and paediatric BLS algorithms
- Organisational and individual responsibilities for CPR
- Localised delivery of cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Do not Attempt Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (DNAR) orders
- Where to get additional information about adult cardiopulmonary resuscitation (online learning BLS resources)
Organisations can tailor their in-house resuscitation courses to their specific requirements based on a structured needs assessment.
Free resuscitation training courses online
All delegates who attend our classroom CPR training courses will be provided with free online resuscitation training courses. These free online resuscitation courses compliment classroom training and can be used for future reference and revision. We provide free blended learning solutions for health and social care employers across all UK regions and internationally.
Assessments for resuscitation courses
On completion of our online resuscitation courses, learners will be required to complete an online assessment (pass mark of 80%). If you don’t pass the first, don’t worry! You can take the online test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Certification for resuscitation courses
On successful completion of cardiopulmonary resuscitation e-learning courses, you will be able to download, save and/or print a quality assured CPD certificate. Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit (recognised internationally).
All of our online training courses and programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service and independently verified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
***Please note that while we take all the steps to ensure that all our courses and training materials are regularly updated, it is your responsibility to keep up to date with your local policies and procedures, current best practice, legislation, regulations and professional guidance that relate to your role.
Prerequisites for resuscitation training
There are no specific pre-requisites for our resuscitation courses. We offer cardio-pulmonary resuscitation training courses ranging from Level 1 to Level 3. You can select the most appropriate courses depending on your specific job role and employer requirements.
Please note that online resuscitation courses cover theory aspects. If you work in a patient facing/clinical environment, we highly recommend that you also attend classroom based courses where you will be assessed on the relevant practical aspects.
***Please check with your employer regarding the specific cardio-pulmonary resuscitation course you should complete/attend. The Mandatory Training Group will not accept any responsibility if you select the wrong resuscitation training course.
What is resuscitation?
Resuscitation is the process of correcting physiological disorders (such as lack of breathing or heartbeat) in an acutely unwell patient. It is an important part of intensive care medicine, trauma surgery and emergency medicine. Well known examples are cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
Why is CPR important?
CPR stands for cardiopulmonary resuscitation. It is a life saving medical procedure which is given to someone who is in cardiac arrest (where the heart has stopped). CPR helps to pump blood around the person’s body when their heart has stopped working.
To carry out CPR, a person presses up and down on the casualty’s chest (chest compressions) and gives them a series of rescue breaths (mouth to mouth resuscitation) to help save their life when they are in cardiac arrest.
So why is CPR important?
If those present at the scene are able to provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation to the victim promptly, the latter’s chances of survival are significantly increased. This is because time is of the essence when treating a victim of cardiac arrest. Once the heart stops beating and blood flow stops, a person will lose consciousness within 15 seconds.
Resuscitation training – meeting employers’ legal obligations
The Mandatory Training Group’s online and face-to-face resuscitation training courses help UK employers and employees alike to fulfill their legislative and regulatory obligations. Our resuscitation courses provide the essential knowledge, skills and understanding to improve the quality of life for patients and other service users.
Resuscitation training requirements
Online resuscitation courses
To complete our online resuscitation courses, you will need access to a computer device and internet, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smart phone device.
Classroom resuscitation courses
- The training venue should be spacious, quiet and undisturbed
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session
- Staff should wear comfortable clothing and footwear
- Course lasting 2 or more days should ideally be delivered on consecutive days
- We offer flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
Our resuscitation training courses are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals.
Book in-house/Onsite resuscitation training courses
The Mandatory Training Group’s experienced trainers can deliver resuscitation training courses at your workplace or any suitable venue in most cities and surrounding areas in England, Wales and Scotland including:
Aberdeen, Bangor, Bath, Birmingham, Bradford, Brighton and Hove, Bristol, Cambridge, Canterbury, Cardiff, Carlisle, Chester, Chichester, Coventry, Derby, Dundee, Durham, Edinburgh, Ely, Exeter, Glasgow, Gloucester, Hereford, Inverness, Kingston upon Hull, Lancaster, Leeds, Leicester, Lichfield, Lincoln, Liverpool, City of London, Manchester, Newcastle upon Tyne, Newport, Norwich, Nottingham, Oxford, Perth, Peterborough, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Preston, Ripon, Salford, Salisbury, Sheffield, Southampton, St Albans, St Davids, Stirling, Stoke-on-Trent, Sunderland, Swansea, Truro, Wakefield, Wells, Westminster, Winchester, Wolverhampton, Worcester and York.
Contact our Support Team on 02476 100090 or via Email, to book resuscitation training courses at your workplace or chosen venue (any suitable venue of your choice across all UK cities and regions).
What is the Skills for Health’s UK ‘Core Skills Training Framework’?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK.
To minimise these challenges, The Mandatory Training Group works with various health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF).
This includes mandatory training courses in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework – CSTF Statutory Mandatory Training Subject Guide Version 1.3 , Skills for Health Clinical Care UK Core Skills Training Framework Subject Guide April 2015 and other awareness courses for health and social care workers.
Our resuscitation training courses were developed in line with the Skills for Health CSTF learning outcomes.
Why train with The Mandatory Training Group?
Established in 2012, The Mandatory Training Group provides statutory and mandatory training, clinical skills, leadership & management training and consultancy across various sectors, including healthcare, social care and related industries.
Our team of experts will support your organisation with training needs assessments, and support your in-house learning and development team to develop policies and procedures relating to statutory/mandatory and clinical skills training. In addition, we can also deliver training that meets your local and corporate policies, clinical governance framework, processes and goals.
Our training instructors have worked extensively in the health and social care sectors at senior levels, including senior clinicians, clinical leadership and management up to Director level. They therefore bring a high degree of knowledge and experience in their fields of expertise as well as relevant post-registration and teaching qualifications.
Leading Accredited UK training providers
The benefits of choosing The Mandatory Training Group as your preferred training provider include:
- Over 1000 online CPD courses
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates (UK CPD Certification Service)
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- Highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e learning
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on latest guidance and best practice
Contact our Support Team on 02476 100090 or via Email, stating your specific resuscitation training requirements.
Resuscitation Courses – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Training Courses.